The Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Yojana mainly aims to uplift the lives of people residing in places affected by the activities related to mining. The scheme offers benefits for the residents of places that get impacted due to mining. The PMKKKY scheme ensures well being of not only the people residing in such places but also make sure about maintaining the quality of the environment of such places. Besides these, the scheme focuses on the socio-economic conditions of mining-affected regions. It has been seen that people residing in mining-affected places mostly come from sc or st community. Hence, the scheme ensures the well-being of the community.
However, in several respects, CSE considers the plan vague and constrained. Certain regulations on the use of funds, such as massive investment buildings, the establishment of environmental prevention strategies, staffing, vehicles procurement, etc., are misdirected, which might lead to substantial misuse of the financial resources and damage the spirit of the creation of the DMF. It limits the opportunity for community involvement, especially in areas beyond scheduled areas, to limit the function of gram Sabhas. Let us know more about the Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Yojana in the article.
Highlights of Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Yojana (PMKKKY)
|Name of Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Yojana (PMKKKY)|
|Launched by||Shri Narendra Modi|
|Major Benefit||Funds to overcome constraints from mining-related tasks|
|Beneficiary||Residents of places affected by mining-related activities|
|Objective||To mitigate adverse effects of activity related to mining|
|Contact||011 2338 3958|
PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana: Latest News
|The PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana: Ray of Hope for Silicosis Patient|
|The PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana aims at empowering the people affected by the activities related to mining. The Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana was conceptualized in order to aid the victims of the mining industry in India. The program has been operating since 2015 and enables India to charge all mining operations in India to set up a fund for mitigating the adverse effects of mining and benefiting local people. The program will be able to operate in India.|
|PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana: Resource Ensuring Income Security amidst COVID|
|On 30 April 2020, the Indian Prime Minister called a meeting to take into account mining and coal-field reforms that would help the Indian market to commence in the COVID-19 context. In the post-locksmith economy and in the near future, the mining sector, which is the main source of raw materials in production and in developing economies, will play a decisive part.
For instance, the level of income among all the populations of native communities is relatively low in most mining districts, especially in rural areas with most mines. In the large percentage of these districts, 80-90% of rural families have the highest median income in the Government of India according to the social and economic caste census, which is below Rs. 5000 each for a month
PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana: Benefits of the Scheme
- Drinking-Water – Centralised treatment processes, water treatment facilities, perpetual water supply system which include standalone or self-contained drinking water facilities, the layout of pipe water distribution system.
- Health care – Primary and secondary medical service facilities in the impacted regions must be established as an emphasis. It is not just the development of health care that should be emphasized, but also the delivery of the appropriate parties, materials, and services needed for their efficiency.
- Environment conservation measures and controls on pollution – wastewater waste management plants, water and wastewater treatments, air, and dust control measurement by mine as well as dump operators, mine drainage schemes, mine contamination prevention technologies or measures on the use of or disposal of mines as well as other air, water purification schemes, environmental protection, and environmental regulations measures.
- Education – buildings for schools, laboratories, classrooms, bookshops, crafts, and blocks of toilets. Supply of potable water in hostels for teachers and students for residential purposes in remote locations and nutritional programs, sports infrastructures for teachers and various other support staff members, e-learning arrangements, other transport facilities like bus, van, etc.
PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana: Registration Process
To avail, the perks of any government scheme, the foremost process which needs to be followed accurately is the registration process. The registration for the PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana can be done by both methods – online and offline. The process has been discussed below.
Registration Process for PMKKKY
The Indian Bureau of Mines provides the opportunity to enter the trade, the processing, the end-users, or exports of minerals (association, individuals, company, and others) in the country that use the digital signature for the owner of a lease contract, or any entity.
How to Apply Online for PMKKKY?
Follow the steps below to register online –
- To apply online for the PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana you need to visit the “National Government Services Portal” which is an initiative taken under the official site of Indian Government india.gov.in
- Here, you can simply apply for availing the perks of the PMKKKY scheme.
- You need to log in first.
- You can also check the status of your application if you have already applied for the scheme.
How to Apply Offline for PMKKKY?
If you want to apply for the scheme benefits in offline mode you need to visit the local government body like the gram sabha. You can avail of the benefits by applying in the local gram sabha of your village.
Follow the steps below to get registered for the PMKKKY –
- Get all the required documents.
- Visit the local government body- gram sabha.
- Get the application of PMKKKY.
- Fill up the application.
- Submit the application with the required documents.
- Keep checking the status of your application.
Documents Required for Registration
|Documents required for PMKKKMY are:
PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana: Eligibility and Ineligibility
The government schemes are always launched to aid a specific class or group of people. The eligibility for the scheme should always be kept in mind before applying for the same. The eligibility for PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana can be defined simply. The scheme has been launched to aid the people affected by the activities related to mining. The individual may be a child or an adult, man or a woman or of any gender he/she is eligible only if the person stays in the ”Affected Area” which shall be defined as:-
- Directly affected – in regions where immediate mining operations are situated (tailing ponds, overburdened dumps, transportation corridors, etc.) such as scooping up, blasting, mining, rehabilitation, and waste disposal.
- Indirectly affected areas –places where local individuals are impacted by economic, environmental, and social consequences as a result of mining activities such as water deterioration, air, soil quality deterioration, and groundwater depletion.
- If the person gets affected due to the activities related to mining, he/she can apply for the benefits of the scheme.
The persons not living in such areas (affected areas) are ineligible for availing of the scheme benefits.
PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana: Application Status
If you have already applied for the scheme, you can also check the status of your application by visiting the official site of Indian Government Services – an initiative under india.gov.in.
Once you visit the portal you will see the option to check the status of your application.
In case you have applied offline, you need to visit the local gram sabha to know your application status.
- PMKYMY (Pradhan Mantri Karam Yogi Mandhan Yojna)
- PMMSY (Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana)
- PMKSY (Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana)
- PMFBY (Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana)
PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana: Objectives
The Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan carries three main objectives which are: –
- Implementing different projects/welfare programs in mining areas that support and sustain State and Central Government schemes and/or projects.
- Minimizing/mitigating the adverse environmental, socioeconomic, and health impacts of mining districts during or after mining.
- Sustainable long-term livelihoods for mining people affected. The PMKKKY committed 60% of funds for use in areas with high priority, including water, environment and pollution control/medicine/education/qualification/welfare/skill development of women, children, the elderly and disabled/sanitation and 40% of funding for infrastructure – roadways, site induction, physical infrastructure and irrigation, and water supply; The PMKKKY project will help to create a comfortable mining atmosphere, improve the condition of the people involved as well as create a win scenario for stakeholder groups.
You can contact on the official number of PM Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana in case you need to more about the scheme: 011 2338 3958
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is PMKKKY?
PMKKKY or Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana is a scheme launched to benefit the people staying in places affected by the activities related to mining. The scheme aims at helping the people affected by mining-related activities.
How do I apply for PMKKKY?
To register under the PMKKKY scheme of the government, you can either go for online registration on the official portal of the Indian government services or you can opt for offline registration by visiting the local government body like the Gram Sabha.
How can we contact officials in case of any problem related to the PMKKKY?
One can reach the officials by contacting on 011 2338 3958 which is the official contact number. The officials can also be contacted via email – [email protected]
The Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana has been launched to make sure that every citizen of the nation lives a safe life. People staying in places affected by mining-related activities have to suffer a lot. For the well-being of such people, the scheme has been launched.
The article gives you complete information about the Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana or the PMKKKY including the important directions so that people who require the benefits can get it with ease and avail the perks of the scheme for the sake of themselves.