Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana is a scheme that was launched and came into effect in the year 2016. The Scheme was launched by Hon. Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Damodardas Modi, and since then, this scheme has benefited millions of people. Registering yourself under the scheme is extremely easy and has many perks if you come from the economically backward sections of our society. The Scheme was first only valid for a period of one year from 2017 to 2017, but later the scheme was extended to November 2020 and now finally even to 2021. These extensions in the validity of this scheme came from the long-lasting, economical effects of the pandemic and the vast harm that it has caused to the agriculture sector of the country.
To register under PMGKY, you need to be eligible, in this article, we have complete information about PMGKY eligibility, PMGKY registration process, PMGKY latest updates, PMGKY benefits, and featured and PMGKY news. Read this article till the end to get the full benefits of the scheme and get registered before the registrations close.
- 1 PMGKY Highlights
- 2 Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Latest News And Updates
- 3 Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Benefits And Features
- 4 How to Apply For Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna Online?
- 5 Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna Eligibility Criteria
- 6 Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna Helpline Number
- 7 The Bottom Line
|Validity||2021 (Extended by 4 years)|
|Launched by||P.M. Narendra DamodarDas Modi|
|Number of people Benefited||33000000+|
|People Covered||Economically marginalized|
The Scheme has now benefited over 330000000 people and continues to do so, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Scheme is regarded to be one of the most successful schemes for the economic upliftment of the poor and has been globally recognized for the exceptional work it has done.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Latest News And Updates
As per the latest news on Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, the Finance Minister on April 22 2020 stated that till now the scheme has benefited over 33 crore people and is set to benefit even more people. As of 22 April 2020, the scheme has distributed the benefits of 33,125 crore rupees.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the government of India announced a financial package of over Rs. 1.70 lakh crore. The package’s benefits will be distributed to the public, the enrollees of the scheme, and to the public through the central government’s various economical benefit schemes. The registration for the PMGKY began on 26th March 2020 and the last registration date is yet to be announced. The latest news on Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna also suggests that the government has introduced an additional outlay of 10,000 crores to help to aid in the ongoing financial crisis.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Benefits And Features
The scheme was started for the benefit of the poor and so is aimed at uplifting their social and economic status and eliminate hunger, there have been a few additions to the provisions of this scheme during the course of time, the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna benefits and features are:
- Food Benefits: Many people have already been ruled out of employment during these times and the worst hit are the poor of the society. The Finance minister declared that no citizen of the country will be left unfed and so the 80 crore people who are registered under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana will receive 5kg extra rice and 1kg extra of the preferred pulse for six months straight. The existing scheme of 5Kg rice or wheat per month will stay the same, all these benefits will provide in addition to them in two installments over the course of 3 months.
Apart from the food benefits, 8 important announcements were made in the Direct benefit transfer (DBT) section. In these types of benefits, the amount is directly received into the bank account of the beneficiary, the several announcements are:
- Additional Rs.2000 for farmers: Farmers will be getting an additional Rs.2000 directly into their bank accounts. This amount will be provided on top of Rs. 6000 provided previously, so the farmers will get Rs.8000 in total. This benefit is provided under Kisaan Samman Nidhi Programme.
- Wage increase for MGNREGA: A total daily wage increase of Rs. 20 has been introduced for MGNREGA workers. The workers who previously used to get Rs. 182 per day will now get Rs. 202. This will ensure an increase of Rs. 2000 crore to 5 Crore Families.
- Grant for Poor Senior citizens, Widows, and Divyangs: 3 crore poor senior citizens, widows, and divyangs will betting an amount of Rs.3000 per month for 3 months. This amount will be disbursed in two installments each month.
- Benefits to Organized Sector workers through EPFO: Under this programmed 80 Lakh workers scattered among 4 Lakh organizations will be benefited. This benefit is applicable to every registered organization having less than 100 workers and 90% of which are obtaining a salary of less than Rs. 1500 a month. The Government will pay the EPF contribution of 12% each for both the employer and employee totaling 24%. 4.8 crore EPFO workers will be benefited from this scheme.
- Help for Self Help Groups: Self-help groups around the nation will now be able to obtain collateral-free loans up to the increased amount of Rs. 20,00,000. Previously, the SHGs were allowed to obtain collateral-free loans up to Rs. 10,00,000.
- Free LPG cylinders under Ujjwala Scheme: All of the 8.3 crore BPL families registered under the Ujjwala scheme will be getting 1 free gas cylinder every month, for 3 months.
- Upscaled District Mineral Fund: The government has increased the amount for the district mineral funds and issued directives for the state and local governments to use the funds for medical research and health infrastructure.
- Construction workers welfare fund: A fund of Rs. 31000 crore is allocated for the welfare of 3.5 crore registered construction workers. The center has directed state governments to use the funds accordingly.
How to Apply For Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna Online?
Applying for any government scheme is easy if you know about the eligibility criteria and the registration process thoroughly, read this section till the end for complete information.
Required Documents for PMGKY
There is not a need for much documentation in PMGKY, but some of the required documents are:
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna Application form
Application form can be obtained by visiting the concerned department office in your locality. The form needs to be physically collected and cannot be downloaded from the official website, we suggest you fill the registration online.
How to Register for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna Online?
Follow these steps to register for PMGKY online:
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna Eligibility Criteria
To avail of the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna Scheme, the applicants should be falling under the BPL category and should have appropriate documents to support their identity. The benefits of the scheme have also been expanded to small organizations with less than 100 workers 90% of which should not have a salary of more than Rs. 15000 a month.
The other eligible sections include MGNREGA workers, Poor senior citizens, widows, and the disabled. The Self-help groups have also been taken care of.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna Helpline Number
PMGKY helpline number is 18002334035. The helpline is active from 10:00 A.M to 8:00 P.M every day except Sundays. The helpline can also be reached through the official mail address or the email provided at the official website.
The Bottom Line
To Avail of the benefits of PMGKY, complete information and details are to be known. By reading this article, you should be easily able to apply for the scheme. There are more benefits to be unleashed from the scheme in the near future. Make sure you fill for the registration before the time runs out because missing on the benefits of the scheme can prove to be of huge loss.