Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana, also known as PMRPY is a scheme launched by the Government of India in August 2016 to incentivise employers for supplying jobs and for increasing the employment base of workers in the establishment. The scheme also brings new employees to the organized sector of the workforce and thereby, boosts the economy of the country. The Ministry of Labour and Employment looks after the creation of employment and increasing the employment base through PMRPY.
- 1 Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY)
- 1.1 Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana Updates and Schemes
- 1.2 Features And Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
- 1.3 Registration Process For Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana PMRPY
- 1.4 Eligibility And Ineligibility for PMRPY
- 1.5 Application Status of PMRPY
- 1.6 Objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana PMRPY
- 1.7 Helpline Number For PMRPY
Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY)
|Scheme Name||Prime Minister Employment Promotion Scheme|
|Launched By||Indian government|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of India|
|Objective||Generate employment opportunities|
|Government’s contribution||8.33% in EPS and 3.67% in EPF|
|Launched||1 April 2018|
Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana Updates and Schemes
The Government of India’s Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana, or PMRPY Scheme, encourages companies to generate employment by covering the employer’s Employee Pension Scheme contribution of 8.33 cents for the first three years of employment. There is also a suggestion to extend this to those who are jobless but are semi-skilled or unskilled.
A similar system was adopted by the Ministry of Labor in August 2016 and has been in effect since then. The PMRPY program was introduced in the 2016-17 Budget to encourage job creation, with an investment of INR 1000 crores. The new workers earning less than INR 15000 per month are eligible for the program. Employers of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises and Micro Businesses are encouraged to take advantage of the project’s advantages.
Features And Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
- After the moratorium period has ended, this loan for jobless people has a payback term of 3 to 7 years.
- The plan covers project costs of Rs. 2 lakh, Rs. 5 lakh, and Rs. 5 lakh, respectively, in the commercial, service, and industrial sectors.
- The program allows for collateral-free loans of up to Rs.1 lakh.
- The plan encompasses agriculture and related industries as well as all economically feasible commercial alternatives. Direct agricultural activities, on the other hand, are not included.
- The program offers a 15 per cent subsidy on project costs, up to a maximum of Rs. 12,500 per person. The highest subsidy for the North-Eastern states of Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal, and Jammu & Kashmir is Rs.15,000.
Registration Process For Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana PMRPY
Required Documents Needed for PMRPY
- Applicants must submit a completed application form together with passport-sized photos.
- Copy of the Proposed Project Profile EDP Training Certificate Experience, qualification, and technical certifications
- Proof of Birth Date
- 3-year residence proof, ration card, or any other kind of residency evidence
- MRO issues a certificate of income (Mandal Revenue Officer)
- If appropriate, the MRO will issue a caste certificate.
- Driving license
- Any additional documents that the lender requires
Online Registration Process for PMRPY
In order to register under the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana PMRPY Yojana by the Government of India follow the steps given below-
- Employers must use their LIN/EPFO registration ID to access the official site. Fill in the necessary organizational information, including the Organizational PAN, according to the format. The nature of the industry/sector must be stated as described by the National Industrial Classification Code NIC-2008 of the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation.
- The appropriate NIC code is determined/assessed based on the value contributed by producing various goods and services or net income generated from multiple operations, i.e., the industry code of that establishment’s main delivered product (output). In multi-product businesses, the suitable NIC code is decided by the product category that contributes the most value to the company. If this is not feasible, categorization may be made in terms of gross income attributable to the businesses’ goods or services and the number of people engaged in different activities.
- The Scheme’s coverage will include new jobs for the new employees earning less than Rs. 15,000 per month. The work description (job role) for the new job must be stated, as well as the date of hire and, if appropriate, the date of departure. At the end of each month, qualified employers must submit the PMRPY form, preferably by the 10th of the month following.
- If the employer fails to notify the information on the PMRPY online form by the 10th of the following month, he will be unable to receive PMRPY Scheme assistance for that month.
- The company must have paid the EPS and employees provident fund contributions for these new workers before the form can be submitted.
Eligibility And Ineligibility for PMRPY
Eligibility for PMRPY
- The new workers in the establishment must have started working for the employer in the establishment on or after April 1, 2016, and must not have previously worked for another EPF-registered company.
- The new employee must have a valid UAN that is connected to Aadhaar before starting work. If it isn’t accessible, go to the EPFO website and request it. EPFO will record the cellphone number as well as any contact information.
- The new employee’s monthly salary should not exceed Rs. 15,000 per month.
- The new worker will be eligible for three years of EPS contributions.
- If an eligible establishment’s employment falls below the basic outline, the institution will be ineligible for the program for the months in which work falls below the reference base.
New employee validation:
The employer will submit the ECR file as specified in ECR 2.0.
The ECR will be supported with an electronic certificate from the employer indicating that the Application is exclusively for new workers with no prior work experience and freshly established positions
Ineligibility for PMRPY
Under the scheme of Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana of the Government of India, Workers earning much less than INR 15000 per month are the goal of the PMRPY; thus, new employees making more than INR 15000 per month are not eligible for the program. A new employee has not worked in an EPFO-registered organization regularly since April 1, 2016. On or after April 1, 2016, this is established by the issuance of a specific Aadhaar-linked Universal Account Number. If the employee doesn’t even have a new UAN, the Employee Provident Fund Organization website may be able to assist them in obtaining one.
Application Status of PMRPY
Objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana PMRPY
In August 2016, the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana took effect. The PMRPY is a program designed to reward businesses for creating jobs.
This Scheme has a twofold benefit: on the one hand, the owner is rewarded for expanding the number of employees employed in the business, and on the other side, a considerable number of people will be able to find work in such enterprises. These workers will have access to the relevant social security payments is a clear advantage.
Helpline Number For PMRPY
If the details regarding the scheme still leave you with any queries and doubts, you can contact the Ministry of Labour and Employment for more information and clarification. You can call the following helpline numbers on your mobile to learn more about the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protasahan Yojana scheme:
Postal Address: Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India, Shram Shakti Bhawan, Rafi Marg., New Delhi-110001, India