The Indian government is dedicated to making water preservation and control a top priority. To achieve the same, the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) was introduced. This program was made with the objective to expand irrigation coverage as well as improve water consumption per crop in a targeted manner by providing an edge solution that includes source formation, distribution, control, a suitable course of action, as well as extension tasks. In a session held on July 1, 2015, the Cabinet Committee, led by our Hon’ble Prime Minister, approved the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY).
PMKSY’s project design is built on a “decentralized State-level organization and execution” framework, allowing States to create their respective irrigation expansion plans structured on District Irrigation Plans and State Irrigation Plans. Through a holistic strategy, it will serve as a unification hub for all water industry operations, including drinkable water and sanitation, science and MGNREGA, technology application, and so on. The State Level Sanctioning Committee, led by the State Chief Secretary, is the charge of overseeing its execution and punishing projects.
- 1 Highlights of PMKSY
- 2 Yojana List, Latest News, Updates, and Schemes
- 3 Features
- 4 Objectives and Benefits of PMKSY
- 5 Eligibility criteria
- 6 How to apply online?
- 7 How to apply offline?
- 8 Helpdesk
- 9 FAQ’s
- 10 Conclusion
Highlights of PMKSY
|Name of Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY)|
|Launched by||By Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of Country|
|Major benefit||Subsidy on purchase of equipment for irrigation|
|Scheme objective||Farmers purchase equipment for irrigation|
|Scheme under||State government|
|Post category||Scheme/ yojana|
Yojana List, Latest News, Updates, and Schemes
The PMKSY aims to provide access to some form of safe irrigation to farmland. According to revised calculations, PMKSY spending in 2020-21 has fallen 29 per cent below the proposed budget. In 2020-21, a total of Rs. 11,127 crore was allotted to the project, but approximately Rs. 7,954 crores were spent. The budget allocated for 2021-22 is slightly greater than the preceding year.
AIBP by MoWR, RD & GR
PMKSY-Har Khet ko Pani
The PMKSY aims at the welfare of the farmers and the irrigation process. The scheme comes with various major and minor plans to uplift the irrigation plans for farmers which have been discussed below:
PMKSY (Per Drop More Crop)
PMKSY Watershed Development
- For financial 2015-16, the program allotted Rs 5,300 crores & the total amount was anticipated to reach about Rs 50,000 crores for the next 5 years.
- PMKSY aims to supply an integral irrigation strategy for the farm as well as the label “Har Khet Ko Pani” indicates safe irrigation for all farms
- The initiative also intends to combine watering with state-of-the-art technology and serve cultivable regions under safe irrigation.
- Improve water-saving technological development and accurate irrigation, that is, more crops per drop.
- PMKSY also aims to encourage sprinklers, rain gun micro-irrigations.
Objectives and Benefits of PMKSY
Following are the objectives of the scheme
- Improve the structural access to the agricultural water & broaden the area under safe irrigation
- Integration & effective use of the water supply to make the optimum utilization of water via suitable technology and practices.
- Improve the efficiency of agricultural water utilization to decrease waste and enhance both duration & scale availability.
- Improve accuracy of irrigation as well as other methods for water-saving.
- Improve aquifer recovery and implement sustainable methods to protect water.
- Provide the watershed strategy of integrative rainfed growth to soil & water conservation, livelihood possibilities as well as other NRM operations.
- Encourage extension efforts for producers and land grassroots operators regarding water collection, water control, and alignment.
- Attract more private irrigation expenditure.
Following are the benefits of the scheme
- This program aims to save water and help the farmers.
- It offers solutions throughout the supply chain of irrigation
- It enables to create of water sources, distribution systems, and applications at the farm level
- It emphasizes the development of sources of safe irrigation through micro rainwater consumption via ‘Jal Sanchay’ & ‘Jal Sinchan,’ which also creates protection irrigation.
Advantages of micro-irrigation
- Increased profits
- The efficiency of water-saving and use
- Costs of less energy
- Greater efficiency in fertilizer use
- Labor Cost Reduction
- Solid loss reduction
- Solis and Water marginal
- Flexible & Efficient
- Enhanced quality of crop
- Greater returns
PM Krishi Sinchai Yojana Plans & Documents
Several documents have been uploaded on the main site. The documents elaborate on the perks one gets out of the PMKSY scheme. This comprises fund allocation and release plans, financing, etc., To obtain these documents, perform the steps outlined below:
- Go to the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana’s official site.
- Choose the documents & plan, as well as the year.
- All of these plans have been uploaded.
- This featured a state-by-state annual plan of action for each fiscal year.
- When you select one of these plans, a PDF file will open in the next tab.
- View and download this for future study and use.
Candidates must also meet the qualifying conditions in order to benefit from this plan. This program’s eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Farmers of any group or caste are authorized to participate in this program.
- All landowners need to have their farmland.
- Participants of Self-Help Groups, Corporations, Incorporated Companies, and cooperative Societies, Producer Farmers’ Groups are authorized to participate in this plan by enrolling.
- Farmworkers who have been growing crops for the last seven years on rent will be eligible to take advantage of this program.
- Applicants who are Indian citizens would be able to benefit from the PM Agricultural Irrigation Scheme, which is part of the PM Modi Yojana.
How to apply online?
Candidates must complete the application procedure in order to be registered and then get the benefits. To begin the application procedure, candidates need to go to the official site or complete some basic steps online-
- Applicants should go to the official site of Prime Minister Krishi Sinchayee Yojana.
- Upon accessing the site’s web page, applicants should select the Farmers Corner options on the display.
- Following that, users must enter the Aadhaar card number and security text, and then click the proceed button.
- Following this, an enrollment form will appear in front of visitors.
- Candidates must carefully fill in the information requested.
- Upload the above-mentioned documents and click the submit button.
- Following the submission of the application form, it will be chosen for review.
- This application form can be downloaded or printed for reference purposes by the applicant.
How to apply offline?
Farmers who are willing to apply for the scheme can opt for the offline method too. For the same, an applicant needs to visit the nearest CSC centre with the required documents.
The list of the documents required are:
- Farm papers
- identity card
- Passport Size Photo
- Housing Certificate
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- mobile number
- Bank Account Passbook
The applicant needs to submit and give all the details asked and later all those details will be verified by the officials. Later, if the applicant is eligible for the scheme, he or she will get a notification about the same via text.
How to check the application status?
If you have applied for the scheme through any of the above-mentioned modes and wish to check the status of your application, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of the scheme
- check for the farmer’s corner and select it
- Click on the beneficiary status link
- Enter your registered mobile number or Aadhaar card number
- Click on the check status button and your application will be shown on the screen
- PMKKKY (Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana)
- PMMSY (Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana)
- PMKYMY (Pradhan Mantri Karam Yogi Mandhan Yojna)
- PMFBY (Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana)
If you face any difficulty in following the process or have any query you are free to contact the support helpline
Phone No.- 011-23381092, 23382401
Email- [email protected]
Farmers can register for Prime Minister Krishi Sinchai Yojana in two ways. offline or online. It’ll be released by direct benefit payment. It is restricted to a total filling area of 5 hectares per recipient.
As per the Central Tax, the Rate of GST on micro irrigation systems is 12%.
In the event of an inaccurate declaration, you will be responsible for the return of fund benefits paid and other legal proceedings may be filed against you.
Prime Minister Krishi Sinchayee Yojana is an initiative taken by the central government for the benefit of farmers. Farmers should try to avail themselves of the benefit for their good.