Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY ) scheme was launched by the government of India, to provide old-age pensions to small and marginal farmers. The eligibility criteria to avail of this scheme are that the farmer must be between 18-40 years of age, along with some exclusion criteria that will be discussed later.
For the purpose of the same, GOI has also introduced a portal known as CSC, Common Services Centres, aimed at reducing the digital gap between rural and urban areas, thus enabling the Government’s mandate of a socially, financially, and digitally inclusive society.
- 1 Highlights of PM Karam Yogi Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
- 2 Features and Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
- 3 Eligibility and Ineligibility for PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
- 4 Registration Process for PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
- 5 Required Documents for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
- 6 Application Status of PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
- 7 Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Premium as per Applicant Age
- 8 Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana
- 9 PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY) Helpline
- 10 Wrapping Up
Highlights of PM Karam Yogi Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
|Launched by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Date of launching||May 31, 2019|
|Start date to apply||Is currently open to applications|
|Last day to register||Not announced yet|
|Beneficiary||Small traders and shopkeepers|
|Benefits||Provided Rs 3,000 after 60 years of age|
|Number of beneficiaries||Rs 3,00,00,000|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|How to Apply||You can apply through 3.2 Lakh CSC centres|
Features and Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
General Benefits: All farmers between the ages of 18 to 40 can avail themselves of the benefits provided by this scheme. As stated previously, once the beneficiary attains 60 years of age, he or she gets paid monthly with a pension of 3000 rupees.
Moreover, in case the beneficiary dies, the benefits can be availed by the family members of the farmer as well. Cases of disabilities are considered and do not become an obstacle in the way of availing benefits of this scheme.
Death Benefits: In case an energy bill beneficiary passes away or dies during the duration of enrollment with the scheme his or her spouse is entitled to 50% of the pension received by the eligible applicant. However, such benefits and pensions would be applied only to the spouse of the person and not the other family members.
Disability Benefits: If the beneficiary becomes permanently disabled before he or she turns 60, their spouse can continue to contribute to the scheme and make regular contributions, in case the beneficiary is not able to work.
Another option is to withdraw from the scheme by getting the share of contribution deposited by subscribers, along with the corresponding interest received by the pension fund or interest gathered in the savings bank depending upon what is higher
Benefits if the candidate leaves the PMKMY scheme:
- If an eligible subscriber leaves this scheme within a span of less than 10 years from the date he enters the scheme, then the portion of his investment alone will be returned to him along with the interest rate charged on it by the savings bank.
- If an eligible subscriber exits after a period of ten years or more from the date on which he joins the Scheme but before his age of sixty years, then only his share of the contribution shall be returned to him, together with accumulated interest thereon, as actually earned by the Pension Fund or interest thereon at the interest rate of the savings bank, whichever is greater.
- If an eligible subscriber has made regular contributions and died for whatever cause, his spouse shall consequently be entitled to proceed with the scheme by making regular contributions as appropriate or exiting the scheme by collecting the amount paid by that subscriber along with accrued interest, as currently received by the pension fund or at the interest rate of the savings bank thereon. The corpus shall be paid back to the fund upon the death of the subscriber and his or her partner.
Eligibility and Ineligibility for PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
Eligibility for प्रधानमंत्री किसान मानधन योजना
This scheme is open to all farmers who fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- In order to apply for this scheme, one should be a small or a marginal farmer.
- Only farmers aged between 18 to 40 years are allowed to apply for the scheme.
- A farmer must own their own cultivable land of up to 2 hectares as per land records kept by the concerned state or union territory if they wish to apply for the scheme.
- For registration purposes, they must possess their own Aadhar card.
- Last but not the least, they must have their own savings bank account or a PM Kisan account.
Ineligibility for प्रधानमंत्री किसान मानधन योजना
Farmers who do not fulfill the below criteria cannot stand eligible for applying to the scheme:
- All those who are below the age of 18 or above the age of 40 cannot apply.
- Those who are not small or marginal farmers cannot avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Those who own small patches of land less than 2 hectares and do not have the land records kept by the nearby government do not hold any place in the scheme.
- Farmers who do not have their own Aadhaar Card cannot apply or register for this.
- Moreover, those who do not have their own savings bank account or PM-Kisan account will not be able to apply.
Registration Process for PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
Applying to the scheme can be easy if one follows the steps mentioned below For registration of PMKVY 2022, you need to belong to small and marginal farmers first. Through the help of CSC, you can easily fill the registration form and submit it with documents. We suggest that you apply through CSC only.
The chances of making mistakes will be less in the online form of PMKisan Mandhan Yojana Registration 2022 if you fill it in from CSC. The Kisan who are eligible and still have not applied for PMKMY have to apply online at pmkmy.gov.in, or maandhan.in to get all benefits of this scheme.
How to Apply Online for PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana?
Follow the following steps to apply online for PMKMY:
- Visit the official website online at pmkmy.gov.in, or maandhan.in
- You need to register/login there.
- You will get an option displaying ‘Apply Online.
- Click on the option.
- Complete the procedures and fill up the form.
- Once you are finished with filling up the form, upload the documents required.
- Submit the form.
- Once you have completed the submission of the application, keep checking the application status on the official website.
How to Apply Offline for PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana?
Follow the following steps to apply offline for PMKMY:
- Those interested in joining must visit their nearest common service centres first.
- Next, they are required to submit their Aadhar card and savings bank account number along with the IFSC code as prerequisites for enrolling.
- Then they are required to pay the initial contribution amount to the village entrepreneur in cash.
- The village entrepreneur adds in the Aadhaar number, subscriber’s name, date of birth, as mentioned in the Aadhaar card for the verification process.
- After that details like a bank account, mobile number, email address, name of spouse, and nominee details are required to fulfill the further formalities.
- Once this is done the online registration form is complete.
The system automatically calculates the monthly contribution that is payable according to the age of the applicant. Next, the subscriber pays the first subscription amount in cash to the village level.
The system then generates a mandate that is required to be signed by the beneficiary, which is then scanned and uploaded into the system. Lastly, the subscriber is given a unique Kisan pension account number and Kisan card which has all the details printed on it.
Required Documents for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
The PMKMY is for old age Pension Yojana for Farmers. Small and Marginal Farmers are eligible for this Scheme. However, before applying for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana, the Following are the documents needed for PM KMY 2022 Registration:
- Mobile number
- Aadhaar card
- Age certificate
- Income certificate
- Identity card
- Farmyard measles
- Khasra Khatauni of Land Area
- 2 Passport size photo
- Savings Bank Account/PM KISAN Account (anyone)
Application Status of PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY)
Candidates who have already applied for the PM Kisna Mandhan Pension Yojana 2022 need to keep on checking their status on the online form. Every time you check Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana Status and account balance check you need to have your Subscriber Id.
Without certain details, you will not be able to check the status. Once your form is approved you will be allotted with KPAN. So from time to time, you can check your pension status by using the Kisan PAN numbers.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Premium as per Applicant Age
The table below describes and explains the amount of contribution every beneficiary gets as per their ages from 18-40.
|Entry Age (Yrs)|
|Member’s monthly contribution (Rs)|
|Central Govt’s monthly contribution (Rs)|
|Total monthly contribution (Rs)|
(Total = C + D)
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana
The objectives of the PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana Scheme are:
- The objective of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana (PMKMY) is to empower every farmer so that they can stand on their own and fend for themselves. Another objective is to reduce the digital gap and divide between the rural and urban, thus creating financial harmony between all the parties.
- The government aims to provide social security schemes and special benefits to unprivileged, small, and marginal farmers who lose their jobs, spouse and are not able to work. For the purpose of achieving this, they have established common service centres at different points to attend and hear the grievances of people.
- The same body is responsible for opening and enrolling farmers for this scheme. After farmers get their own share and contribution of money, they can invest that in buying seeds and tools to get a better harvest and higher productivity. In the long term, the government aims to make India a rich country with no middle class where everybody gets to have a good quality of life, be it farmers or rich businessmen.
- In case an energy bill beneficiary passes away or dies during the duration of enrollment with the scheme his or her spouse is entitled to 50% of the pension received by the eligible applicant. However, such benefits and pensions would be applied only to the spouse of the person and not the other family members.
- If the beneficiary becomes permanently disabled before he or she turns 60, their spouse can continue to contribute to the scheme and make regular contributions, in case the beneficiary is not able to work.
PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana (PMKMY) Helpline
In case of any complaint, you can register your grievance and seek solutions to your problems by calling the PM Kisan help desk given below. The concerned authority will revert back to you as soon as possible. This feature is only available for farmers who want to seek solutions for their problems and need help for enrolling and registration purposes.
The PM Kisan help desk number is 18001801551. Another way to register your complaint is via email. In your email, you can ask your questions if the concerned authority will revert back to you as soon as possible. The email is [email protected]
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana (PMKMY) aims at providing support to old-age farmers with some financial aid so that they can live life proudly. Small and Marginal farmers have been made aware of this scheme and have been encouraged to take advantage of this scheme.