We all know the famous saying “Health is Wealth,” and it is rightly true. No one likes getting and sick, and the path to recovery is also very tiresome. If it is a small illness, it is comparatively easier to fight, but critical illness, if not treated properly, can prove to be fatal. Not only does the treatment need to be effective, but it also needs to be done on time to prevent the loss of life.
It is one of the major concerns for developing nations where the Healthcare system is under developing stage and sometimes, due to some of the other issues, faces the loss of life on a large scale. It involves many factors like sanctioning, action towards treatment, etc., to work in harmony to achieve the goal to become a nation with a strong health care system. India is one of the developing nations that need to improve its Healthcare system. Necessary measures are being taken towards doing so. And certain sanctions are being granted for the same. One such scheme is PMJAY or otherwise known as Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. It is one of the best schemes that has been launched. The scheme has many benefits. AB PMJAY is one of the most successful schemes by the government of India where eligible people get up to 5 lakh per family life insurance.
Highlights of Ayushman Bharat PMJAY
To achieve the goal to become a developed nation, Govt. India is taking a lot of measures towards going that way.
For this, many schemes are brought into action with the ultimate goal to bring about a positive change in the development of the country.
|Latest News, Updates, and Schemes|
Features and Benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana PMJAY.
We have listed the important features and benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana PMJAY.
- AB PMJAY is, to date, the world’s largest scheme that provides Health insurance schemes that India’s government fully finances as per the National Health Authority.
- Under this Scheme, the govt of India will sanction health insurance for each family at coverage of up to Rs. 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care services of hospitalization. This can be availed in private and public impaneled hospitals in India implemented by the government of India.
- The beneficiaries will be provided cashless treatments in the impaneled hospitals under this health insurance scheme.
- The Health Insurance that is sanctioned under PM-JAY will also cover medical and pre and post-hospitalization expenses for those who are eligible. Pre-Hospitalization will be covered for three days and post-hospitalization expenses will be covered for 15 days. It will cover the expense for diagnostic and medicines to all who are covered under this health insurance scheme.
- No restrictions based on the family size under this scheme of Ayushman Bharat Yojana PMJAY if the beneficiary has access to the ayushman card.
- The health Insurance under the PM-JAY pre-existing illness is covered.
- There will be equal reimbursement whether in Public or Private hospitals.
- With the vision, people do not go below the poverty line just to pay off the hospital bills.
- It will cover Non-intensive and Intensive care services too.
- If there are any complications while the treatment is in process, the schemes allow covering that as well.
How to Apply Online?
Since Prime Minister has initiated Digital India, a lot of the things can be accessed online itself.
It applies to the various schemes that the Govt of India sanction India. Now you can also do the application process online itself.
Below are the steps that you can use to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana:
- First of all, you need to visit the official website pmjay.gov.in
- Then on the left-hand side, on the top of the screen, you will find the option of Menu.
- Open the menu; you will find various sections.
- Go to the “Portals” section; you will see a subsection below as “Am I Eligible”’.
- Click on that option, now a new screen will appear on your screen asking for some details.
- It will ask you to fill in your name and the Captcha besides.
- Once you enter the correct captcha, you will receive an OTP on the number you mentioned.
- Now the screen will have an option for you to enter the OTP
- Upon entering the OTP, you will see a form that will ask you to fill in your basic details.
- Once you fill in the details and click on search, it will search and let you know if you are eligible for this scheme.
- Post which, you can apply for the e-card if you are eligible.
- You will be provided to the nearest PMJAY kiosk, where the identification verification process can be done.
Below we have mentioned the list of documents that are required to get access to the Ayushman Bharat Yojana PMJAY.
Application form for AB PMJAY
You can check on the official website the list of empanelled hospitals; you can visit the empanelled hospitals where there will be a PMJAY kiosk and an Ayushman Mitra to help you with the process.
If you are eligible, they will help you with the application form. Upon submitting the form and the relevant documents, you will be allotted a package under the PMJAY scheme by the government where the government will pay up to Rs 5 Lakh per family health coverage covering pre and post hospitalization at the empanelled hospital for the beneficiaries based on your e-card called the ayushman card also known as the golden card for the poor belonging rural and urban both.
Eligibility and Ineligibility Criteria of Ayushman Bharat PMJAY.
It is an amazing initiative taken by the Govt. of India and if you want to take benefit. You will have to check if you are eligible for this scheme sanctioned as per the Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011.
|There are no written eligibility criteria as such. However, you can check online if you are eligible by simply following the below-mentioned steps:|
However, we can help with what categories are generally eligible. You will get access to the information of the beneficiaries and other info related to the scheme for the ayushman scheme. Below is the information:
Category of can be Eligible for the Ayushman Bharat PMJAY
It is divided into two categories – the beneficiary from Rural and Urban areas for the scheme.
Objectives of The Ayushman Bharat PMJAY
The major objective of the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana sanctioned by the government of India is to have a nation that has a good healthcare system so that the population doesn’t suffer in terms of monetary loss and also loss of life to all.
Since the scheme is in effect, under PMGKAY at least the eligible population can pay for the expenses for the hospitalization expenses and medicines of Rs 5 lakh per family per year irrespective of family size and age.
Not only this, under Ayushman Bharat, a lot of initiatives are being taken concerning building better medical infrastructure and introducing new and fast medical technologies for better health outcomes.
You may also read some related articles:
The patients can call on toll-free number 14555 if they are facing any problems during the hospitalization or billing. This is a great scheme to get the medical and hospitalization expenses covered for the poor who is not able to afford it on their own in public and private hospitals for the Ayushman scheme.
This toll-free number mentioned on the e-card also can be called anytime to get in touch with the Ayush Mitra, present on the PMJAY kiosk at the empanelled Hospitals.