PMAY also called the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, was launched on 1 June 2015 by the Government of India as a mission that seeks to ensure environment-friendly and affordable housing to the urban poor communities of India. By the year 2022, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs seeks to provide Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) to every person eligible to become a beneficiary. To get the benefits under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, you need to know in brief about the CLSS subsidy, loan value, and more.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, you as a beneficiary will be able to enjoy a subsidy on loans that you take from the bank to build a pucca house. Houses and construction done under this project are generally for the urban financially weaker section of the society. PMAY mission brings you central assistance to buy and build houses but there are some criteria that you will need to fulfill beforehand. Let us learn more about the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana as we proceed ahead.
- 1 Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Updates and Schemes
- 2 Features And Benefit of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban and Rural
- 3 Registration Process to Secure PMAY U From Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- 4 Eligibility And Ineligibility
- 5 Application Status
- 6 Objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- 7 Helpline Number
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Updates and Schemes
The benefits of this scheme can be acquired by every adult member of a family who has a per annum income around the eligibility benchmarks. The PMAY U or the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban mission is said to have completed the construction of over 40 lakh houses around India. According to official data provided by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, the total investment stands at Rs. 6.41 crore and around 30% of houses in India were built under this mission last six years. Individuals who are from scheduled castes and scheduled tribes along with women(irrespective of caste) are also eligible to become the beneficiaries of the PMAY schemes.
Schemes under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana are divided based on the category of annual income. If you seek to procure the perks of PMAY U, you must not have an annual income over Rs.18 lakh. After you apply to the urban ministry of housing affairs Nirman Bhawan in the form of your application, you can check if you have become eligible or not in the PMAY urban list, which the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs releases every year. Here’s a table regarding the essentials of the PMAY project that you need to know.
Features And Benefit of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban and Rural
The features and benefits of the PMAY schemes are remarkable. This scheme allows everyone to convert their dream of becoming a homeowner into a reality. Some of the highlights of the Awas Yojana Urban Pmay scheme;
- A subsidized interest rate of home construction, building, or repair loans up to 6.50% per annum. This is called the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme.
- Affordable housing for all sections of society. Economically weaker section(EWS), individuals from schedule caste and tribes, women, senior citizens, and more who have an annual income up to Rs.18 lakh can become beneficiaries.
- There are numerous tax benefits that you can avail of after you become a beneficiary of the scheme such as section 80C, Section 24(b), Section 80EE, and Section 80EEA.
- You must be a first-time homebuyer to qualify for CLSS’s affordable housing incentives and lowered interest rates.
- Yojana Urban PMAY U scheme caters to the housing needs of the urban poor, and special attention is given to areas with inadequate infrastructure, poor hygiene, state of repairs, and drinking facilities.
- Availability and amount of interest, these the two criteria of CLSS that need to be met alongside per annum income under the various categories of PMAY urban to become a beneficiary.
- Certain documents such as Income proof are needed to become beneficiaries of PMAY-U
Registration Process to Secure PMAY U From Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Here is a list of things you need to know to apply, procure and become a beneficiary of the centrally provided help project for housing;
Online Registration Process of PMAY Urban
To apply for Mantri Awas Yojana urban central assistance online, you need to perform the following steps;
- Log in to the official website of Yojana Urban ministry of housing and urban affairs, i.e., pmaymis.gov.in and fill out all the details such as user name, password, and captcha mode.
- Go to Citizen Assessment and select your choice of category from the options.
- Enter your personal details such as Aadhar, your official name, Virtual ID No., and more.
- Read through the consent agreement for Aadhar Authentication and press the box below.
- Tap on ‘check’ and an application form will appear. Fill it out with accurate details and information. Read the disclaimer and click on the box below.
- Enter Captcha and hit ‘Save’.
Offline Registration Process of PMAY Urban
To apply for the central assistance plan offline for CLSS and interest subsidy on housing and construction; you need to follow the mentioned below steps;
- Visit the near Common Service Centre(CSC) or any bank that is listed under the Awas Yojana Urban PMAY U scheme of India.
- Fill up the form with the required details and submit the same with all the required documents at the CSC or bank.
- The application fee is Rs.25 along with GST, this has to be paid only for offline submission of the application.
Required Documents Needed for Awas Yojana Urban Application
To become a beneficiary of the Mantri Awas Yojana Urban plan, you need to submit the following documents along with the application to ensure your eligibility;
- Age Proof documents – a copy of your Passport/Driving License/Life Insurance Policy/Birth Certificate/PAN Card/School Leaving Certificate
- Affidavit cum Declaration attesting that beneficiary seeker is a first-time homeowner of a pucca house
- If applicable, a Declaration of Property under construction
- Identity Proof documents – Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License/Voters’ ID
- Address Proof – a copy of Bank Statements/Property Registration documents/Property Tax Receipt/Voter ID
- Existing Loan Details in form of Bank Statements
- Any Property Documents
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from a Competent Authority or any Housing Society
- For Salaried Applicants, Income Proof- 6 months’ bank statement, last 2 months salary slip and ITR or latest Form 16.
- For Self-Employed Applicants, Income Proof- Address Proof of Businesses, ITR for preceding two years
Eligibility And Ineligibility
The Awas Yojana Urban Ministry of Housing Affair Nirman Bhawan has set some criteria that need to be fulfilled for an adult to become a beneficiary of the PMAY urban scheme. The most important barometer is of course an adult’s annual income. But there are certain other benchmarks too.
The eligibility criteria for the urban scheme start with the per annum earnings of the applicant.
- Economically Weaker Section(EWS) – Up to Rs 3 lakhs
- Lower Income Group (LIG) – Rs.3 lakhs to 6 lakhs
- Middle Income Group I (MIG I) – Rs.6 lakhs to 12 lakhs
- Middle Income Group-II (MIG II) – Rs.12 lakhs to 18 lakhs
The maximum carpet area of the housing must be under 30 sq.m. to 60 sq.m. depending on which category of income you fall into. The validity of this project is up to the 22nd of March,2022.
You will be declared ineligible for the interest subsidy and other perks provided by this project if you fall under this paradigms;
- If someone else in your immediate family owns a pucca house under your name or any other member of the family residing in India, you will be declared ineligible.
- If you are a married couple and both of you pose as applicants, your names will not appear on the yearly PMAY list which signals acceptance of the application.
- Applicant family must not have received central assistance under any Government of India housing scheme or any benefit under any PMAY plan.
To keep track of your application status on your computer or mobile, perform the following steps:
- Visit the official website http://pmaymis.gov.in/ and click on the option ‘Citizen Assessment.’
- Select the ‘Track Your Assessment Status’ to go to the ‘Track Application Status’ web page
- You will see two options on your web screen titled;
- Option 1 – ‘By Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No’
- Option 2 – Assessment ID
- Choose either of them, whichever is suitable for you. Fill in the required details and click on submit. You will now see the application status on your screen.
Objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
With real estate prices rising and the average annual income of the general population remaining the same, people who do not have extra income or savings are finding it hard to afford pucca houses anymore. The primary objective was to provide sustainable and affordable housing to the poor in the rural and urban parts of India.
The scheme was launched as a mission also named ‘Housing for all by 2022’. Geared with a credit-linked subsidy plan called the CLSS, the mission has so far been a positive moderate success. Around two crores beneficiaries of this project have taken a loan and built their own pucca house. But the number is still undistinguished because there are crores more of the general population who want to enjoy this subsidy fueled interest on loan offer but they can’t due to several reasons. Lack of awareness regarding the scheme and rigid set of criteria may be a few of the reasons behind the modest number of applicants and beneficiaries in India.
You may also read:
To know more regarding the Mantri Awas Yojana Urban plan, you can dial the following helpline numbers on your mobile –
CLSS Toll-Free Helpline Numbers
NHB: 1800-11-3377 / 1800-11-3388
Or you can contact the government ministry through their address, landline number, and email;
Address: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110011
Email: [email protected]
Landline number:011-23063285 / 011-23060484