Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme – Even for people who are old and in the BPL category. It’s hard to go to the doctor for a diabetic check-up every few months. To help out the senior citizens coming from the BPL category, the government of Kerala has launched Vayomadhuram scheme which aims to distribute blood glucose to 1000 eligible people in a district.
- 1 Application Form, Benefits, and Eligibility for the Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme
- 2 Benefits of Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme – 2022
- 3 Kerala Vayomadhuram – Online Application
- 4 Application Process of Kerala Vayomadhuram
Application Form, Benefits, and Eligibility for the Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme
Senior citizens have a higher risk of developing diabetes. The Vayomadhuram scheme makes it simple for elderly people who have diabetes but lack the financial means to visit a doctor weekly for a checkup to use the glucometer offered by Kerala to monitor their blood sugar or diabetes.
Kerala Vayomadhuram – Highlights
Check the highlights of Kerala Vayomadhuram in the table below.
|Name of the Scheme||Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme|
|Date of Announcements||11 July 2018|
|Date of Launch||18 July 2018|
|Commission||Social Justice Department of Kerala|
|Beneficiaries||Senior citizens groups and BPL category [suffering from Diabetic conditions]|
|Conducting By||KMSCL ( Kerala Medical Service Corporation Limited)|
|Official Website||Click Here|
PDF Application Form
To submit an application for the Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme, the applicant must complete the application process online by downloading. Then by manually filling out the online application form. The application form is available at the Social Justice Department’s office. It is also available in the department’s online web portal.
Ensure that you complete and submit the form with all required documents. You must not submit any false certificates or documents, as a background check will be conducted.
Criteria for Eligibility for the Kerala Vayomadhuram Glucometer Scheme
Only applicants who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria will be considered for the Kerala Vayomadhuram Glucometer Scheme. The eligibility requirements for the Kerala vayomadhuram scheme are as follows:
- People who apply for this job must live in or near Kerala.
- He or she must be over the age of 60.
- People who apply for this job must have diabetes, and they must have a doctor’s certificate to prove it.
- People will be given more attention based on their age.
- BPL stands for people who aren’t making enough money to live on.
Documentation required for the Free Glucometer Scheme in Kerala in 2020
The list of documents needed for the Free Glucometer Scheme can be found here.
- The applicant must submit a copy of his or her Aadhar card as proof of age.
- Obtain a medical certificate from a government/NRHM physician certifying that the applicant has diabetes.
- Copy of self-attested BPL ration card / Copy of BPL certificate issued by
- Panchayath/Municipality/Corporation / Copy of BPL income certificate issued by the concerned Village office.
- Copy of self-attested BPL ration card / Copy of BPL certificate issued by Panchayath/Municipality/Corporation / Copy of BPL income certificate issued by the concerned Village office.
- The completed application form, along with the required supporting documents, must be delivered in person to the district social justice officer responsible for that district.
The Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme’s Details
There are numerous additional highlights of the Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme, including the following:
- In the new plan, patients will get free monitoring kits. Each kit comes with more than 25 strips and a glucometer.
- The new plan wants to make the kit more affordable and give it away to people who need it.
- Patients can use the kit provided by the state government to do a self-test at home, where they can be safe and sound.
- The state government wants to buy the testing kits for the people who need them.
Benefits of Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme – 2022
Here are the important benefits of Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme, check the list below.
- The new plan will be available to diabetics in the state of Kerala. At the new location, patients can have their blood sugar levels checked.
- Monitoring kits are provided for free. Each person who receives state assistance will also receive a free monitoring kit. According to the government, each kit will include more than 25 test strips as well as a glucometer for patients to use.
- According to the new plan, the state government will also provide the kit for free to certain groups of people. It will cost around Rs 450 and will go up to more than Rs 2500.
- It is open to anyone who qualifies under the scheme and belongs to the group that the society wishes to assist. As part of the initiative, the state government intends to assist and assist those in need in order to reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Patients can perform a self-test at home using the kit provided by the state government.
- The state government has also stated that it will make every effort to obtain testing kits from the KMSCL as soon as possible after the launch.
- The new scheme will go live on July 18, 2018. Simultaneously, the state government will attempt to provide a kit to ten people from the targeted social group. Later, during the first phase of implementation, the kits will be distributed to over 800 people across the state.
Kerala Vayomadhuram – Online Application
Applicants must go to the official social justice department web portal and request a PDF copy of the online application form printout. After downloading the form, the applicant can send it and other documents by mail or in person with the assistance of a clerk.
Application Process of Kerala Vayomadhuram
To complete the application process of Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme online, the applicant must first download the online application form. Then fill it out by hand, print it out, and mail it in. The application form is available at the Social Justice Department’s office or on the department’s website. Applicants must also fill out the form by hand. Then submit it to the department along with all of their valid documents to apply for Kerala Vayomadhram Scheme. The documents will be reviewed by the authorities, after which the department will assist them.
India wants to reduce the number of people who are below the poverty line and have diabetes. The new policy will allow them to get full assistance. They will check their blood sugar levels ahead of time, lowering their chances of having a heart attack.
The Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme is undoubtedly assisting the elderly. It also helps those who are classified as BPL in their fight against diabetes. Submit an application for the scheme with all required documentation and receive the Glucometer.